Thursday, February 10, 2011

Staples came out today. What an experience that was. Most of them didn't hurt that bad to come out but a couple did. Turns out theres an area that's collecting fluid that I'm going to have to keep drained. Kinda squeamish about doing it too. Had an anxiety attack over it while waiting in the doctor's office lobby for them to bring a wheelchair to help me get back to the car (I can walk... it was just a really really long trip to the car. Parking at UT Medical Center is atrocious.) And they had to treat me for that before I went home.

On the upside it was nice getting out of the house for a little while even if it was exhausting. And my abdomen feels much better with the staples gone. I have a little freer range of motion now. Just gotta keep eating and keep getting strength back.

Getting a little frustrated with my hair also... the flattop I had now is just a big mess. I know I'm not going anywhere and I'm not seeing anybody that I need to impress, but I like to look nice despite what's going on. I'd just shave it all off again for convenience and comfort (and I like it that way), but I've lost at least 15 pounds through this whole ordeal, some of that in my face. I don't want to look scary... but then again nobody's really going to see me so maybe I should just make myself happy. I don't know... I'll figure it out I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment